Cell Phone Locator System from Airpatrol – What Is It?
Find out More about Airpatrol’s WLS Manager – Wireless Locator System
AirPatrol’s Wireless Locator System has been introduced to prison phone services to protect prisons from the unauthorized use of cell phones. It has been acclaimed the best alternative for illegal cell jamming equipment according to a report that appeared in Business Wire on July 27th, 2009. The AirPatrol Company offers management solutions for mobile and wireless threats and their Wireless Locator System won awards at the 64th Annual US Deputy Wardens Association in Lake Ozark, MO.
The CEO of the AirPatrol Company, Ozzie Diaz, has stated that the biggest issue facing correctional facilities is the use of illegal cell phones by inmates. Inmates manage to make use of contraband cell phones in order to conduct illegal gang activities and crimes. They are able to smuggle several items inside jails with the use of banned cell phones. The only way to end the problem was with the help of a Wireless Locator system. The WLS system from AirPatrol makes use of WLS Cell and WLAN Sensors which the jail authorities can install at several locations to monitor their correctional facilities. The sensors are connected by Ethernet cables to a central WLS manager.
The AirPatrol’s MapView technology, applied by the WLS Manager, surveys and monitors the specified area on a continual basis and provides a wide view of the entire network, so that the authorities can view and monitor the events through on their own computer screens. If there is any unauthorized use of cell phones, 802.11 or RF devices, the system is capable of alerting the authorities and pinpointing the location of the use within 6 ft or less.
The Main Advantages of the System along with Key Features:
- Intrusion alerts in real time
- Automatic self calibration
- The system offers network planning, forensic and optimization tools
- Both 802.11 a/b/g/n devices and cell phones can be located
- A unified view of the wireless network can be obtained at a glance
- A single console offers a display of both 802.11 a/b/g/n and cellular devices
- Features are license enabled and can be customized according to the facilities’ needs
The Check Point SMART security management architecture is integrated with the WLS Manager. The system is able to accurately detect and alert the network administrator in real time regarding any threats. The system is automatically alerted upon the use of a rogue cellular device. The alerts can be sent to several devices at a time and in several formats as well. The zones for the alarm can also be configured and this eliminates the possibility of false positives. When an unauthorized call takes place through a cell phone, pictures of the event are taken so that authorities are able to view the exact location of the cell phone. The device can then be blocked through automatically generated traffic blocking. It can be activated either remotely or at the packet level and can be targeted towards the device or DNS attacks.
Features of WLS Connect
It is also possible for prison authorities to view of various past incidents of wireless threats, including incidents that occurred several weeks or months ago or even just a few hours ago. They can collect the necessary data in this way and use it to analyze several security incidents. This can be done by correlating it with information such as video surveillance, identity management and information regarding manual access control.
The Information Provided By WLS Connect:
- MAC addresses, SSIDs and association states of the 802.11 WLAN devices
- The precise spot where the cell phone or 802.11 WLAN device is being used within the area being monitored
- Cellular protocol type and transmit frequencies
- Starting and stopping times of voice mail, email or SMS text that has been sent from the offending cell phone.
The web consoles provided by WLS Connect are capable of authorizing installations by several users from network locations that are remotely located and all under one centralized operation.
What Are The Features Of Airpatrol WLS Cell/ WLAN Sensors?
The sensor supplied by AirPatrol’s WLS Cell/WLAN sensors are Ethernet capable and can detect 802.11 a/b/g/n and cell phone devices. The 800.11 a/b/g/n and cell phone activity that take place within the bands of 800 and 1900 MHz can be detected very accurately with the help of the sensors. The sensors are equipped with two Ethernet ports and can pass through the existing network.
What Are The Main Benefits And Features Of WLAN Sensors?
- Network pass through data port
- Detects 802.11 a/b/g/n devices
- Sensors are of highest industrial quality and in compact build
- Rapid setup and configuration of sensors
- IDEN cellular devices detected accurately with WLAN sensors
- 824-849 MHz and 1850-1910 bands used cell phones detected with accuracy
The sensor can withstand all weather conditions and is tamper resistant as it is secured in a metal enclosure. These sensors are:
- Provided with water resistant rubber seals and can withstand all weather conditions
- Provided with a heat sink for operation in high temperatures
- Able to be operated in extreme conditions as they are tested at temperatures ranging from -40° F to +185°F
- Enclosed in a tough and durable aluminum case which protects the hardware and makes it tamper proof.
Users can view the product and the system at:Prison Phone Calls.
Learn more about Prison Telephone Providers, Prison Phone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” - Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich
Wireless Locator System AirPatrol WLS Manager
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)