Value Added Communications Features and What They Offer To Inmates
What Are The Main Features Of Value Added Communications For Inmate Services?
VAC, or Value Added Communications, provides a fully automated inmate calling system. The features of the system provided by Value Added Communications are beneficial for inmates in many ways, as they enable inmates to stay connected with family and friends. The system is ideal for larger jails and state operated prisons. It incorporates the following unique features:
- Voice prompts are offered in both Spanish and English, so that the inmates are better able to understand the instructions.
- The voice prompts are easy to understand and provide all relevant details to inmates and called parties, eliminating the need for live operators to intervene.
- A PIN stores the inmate’s recorded name and for all calls, the recording is played at the beginning of the conversation. This way, the gap during the name recording window cannot be used for passing messages.
- Information that can be made available to the calling parties by the Value Added Communications (VAC) system include:
- Calling charges
- Call type
- Name of inmate
- Refusal of any present or future calls
- Notifications of the monitoring and recording of calls
- The name of the facility from which the call is originating
The software that is installed by the Value Added Communications (VAC) system for prison phone service offers several other facilities for the prisons, such as:
- Added contributions to prison revenue by permitting calls to previously un-billable numbers.
- The safety of prison is enhanced by the use of special list controls and Class of Service.
- The Value Added Communications (VAC) system provides incentives for good behavior of inmates and also penalties towards bad behavior with the help of the prisoner’s ID control provision.
- The Value Added Communications (VAC) system enables recording, searching and reporting options.
- Value Added Communications (VAC) uses automated control functions to reduce inmate frustration.
- Full channel, digital call recording is possible through SHADOW which includes:
1. Flexible, online recording storage duration
2. Options for CD archiving
3. Locate recorded calls with searches by inmate, called number or inmate phone.
4. Certain relevant portions of the conversations can me marked and played back later.
5. Access to information is password protected.6. Certain protected calls can be blocked from recording, such as calls made to attorneys.
7. Exports to CD can be encrypted.
8. Jail authorities can add investigation data with the help of the notes feature, so that it can be added to the recording file.
Value Added Communications (VAC) Contact Details
Value Added Communications (VAC) Website: http://www.gtl.net/vac/
Value Added Communications (VAC) Contact Form: http://www.gtl.net/contact-us/Don't miss our guide to making Prison Phone Calls.
Learn more about Prison Telephone Providers, Prison Phone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “Whoever has come to understand the world has found (only) a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world.” - Jesus
VAC – Value Added Communications
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)