How Does PCS Work? What Does PCS Offer Inmates?
Services Offered By Public Communication Services for Inmates – Learn More
PCS is a prison phone service that offers communication services for prisons. This is a nationwide service that is brought to inmates and their family and friends from Public Communications Services. They offer phone options that are accepted and approved by prisons. The prison phone services provided by them are as follows:
Inmates can access collect calls from PCS. With these calls, inmates can access the following services:
- Calls to cell phones
- Calls to numbers serviced by Local Exchange Carriers, even in cases where they refuse collect call billings.
- Calls to business numbers
- Calls to hospitals
- Calls to commercial numbers
Daily Dial By Public Communications Services
PCS provides prison phone services with its prepaid service used in the following situations:
- If the local telephone company is not ready to bill collect calls from inmates
- When you wish to budget your call rates and the collect calls are priced too high
- In case inmates have exceeded the limits on collect calls
- When the local phone providers place restrictions on collect calls
- When you cannot receive calls on cell phones, business, office or commercial phones or from hospital phones
- When the person finds his telephone number is blocked and cannot receive inmate calls
When a person pays for prison phone services with the Daily Dial account offered by PCS, the PCS inmate calling account is activated within 15 minutes and he can start receiving calls from inmates. There are several modes of payment acceptable by PCS, including Western Union, cashier’s check, MoneyGram, automated pay by phone, credit card and debit card. However, the person has to make a minimum payment or recharge of $50 while setting up a Daily Dial account.
Fees towards Service Charges
- When a person sets up a Daily dial Account using the services of a live operator, the service fee for using such a pay transaction is $8.
- In case of payment towards Daily Dial Account using transactions through Western Union, the service charges are $6.
- When a person sets up a Daily Dial Account through online facilities or by automated pay phone service, a service fee of $6.25 is charged.
- A service fee of $6.95 is charged for those setting up Daily Dial account and making payments through MoneyGram. However, payments made through Wal-Mart Moneygram will only be charged a fee of $6.25.
- When the person is recharging such a prepaid account using either a cashier check or a money order mode of payment, no service fee is charged.
Debit Calls – Options Offered By PCS
Another option of inmate calling provided by Public Communications Services is the debit calling option provided as part of their prison phone service. In accordance with this option, the inmates can create an advance payment debit phone account. There are no service charges with this option. When this type of inmate calling account is set up, it is possible to call cell phones as well as other phones, such as business, commercial or hospitals phones. Even international calls are allowed with the help of a debit account from PCS. The inmates can set up this account at the commissary in the jail itself. Additionally, the family can set up the debit calling account. This can be done by making payments through MoneyGram, credit card, debit card, Western Union, cashier’s check or the automated pay by phone option.
Public Communications Services Contact InformationPrison Phone Calls.
Learn more about Prison Telephone Providers, Prison Phone Service or Contact Us.
Search The Web:
Quote of the moment: “Whoever has come to understand the world has found (only) a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world.” - Jesus
PCS – Public Communication Services
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)